Appliances are part and parcel of every individual household. Some appliances like refrigerators, cooling and heating machines, water filters, washing machines, etc. have become an inherent part of everyday life of every family in the country, while some other appliances especially in a kitchen like dishwashers, cooktops, etc. are not so important as people have alternatives.
Types of appliances
Some of the appliances like refrigerators, air conditioners, televisions, washing machines, water purifiers, etc. need special installation, while some machines like vacuum cleaners, mixer grinders, toasters, hair dryers, etc. are portable and can be used instantly. Some appliances require lump sum investments and people normally choose one after much inspection. Again, there are small appliances like different mixer grinders, toasters, sandwich makers, pizza ovens, blenders, juice makers, electric hot plates, etc. that are frequently bought without much attention. These appliances are even found in multiple numbers in many households.
Ongoing and future trends
As per industry experts, with the passage of time, people will be more and more appliance-dependent. Most of the large appliances like refrigerators, air conditioners, microwave ovens, etc. will be smarter and lightweight. The small appliances will be very popular as people will try different appliances in this category and will also buy them frequently. Some ongoing and future trends in this sector are as follows:
- The manufacturers will concentrate on health and lifestyle aspects related to the appliances. Refrigerators are now designed to keep raw foods healthier for a pretty long time, while the washing machines are designed to deep cleanse easily.
- Different government regulations will keep manufacturers more environment conscious. Authorities are asking the manufacturers to invent products that will consume less water, and will emit less poisonous gasses into the air. Authorities are also making it mandatory to change the manufacturing processes to carbon and other poisonous gas emissions.
- A growing demand for built-in appliances is noticed over the last few years. As the standard of living of most people is getting better, households are planning to design built-in microwave ovens, refrigerators, air conditioners, etc.
- Product designs have been changing frequently. This trend will continue in the future too. People now like to experiment with new products. They like to use smart appliances. A growing trend in buying premium quality products has also been noticed.
- The internet-based appliances retailing has been increasing remarkably. This trend will stay in coming future. During the last five years, with the growth of mobile internet system, the average sales of such appliances has doubled.
- Appliances make a job less laborious, more accurate, and faster. With the advancement of technology, artificial intelligence and spectacular technological innovations in the manufacturing process, the ways people perceive these home and kitchen appliances have seen a change. As such, most of the appliances are becoming smart devices rather mere machines.